Monday, June 9, 2008

This N That

The past week was mundane in a good way. I had Thursday off and it just seemed good to stay home and get a little caught up on things.

I've been working on the Family cook book which is turning out to be quite time consuming but fun also. I'm quite pleased with it. I would like to have at least a couple entrys from every family member. So if you haven't sent one.......

I picked up my new glasses. They are trendy (for me) They have the decorated thicker ear pieces that were in style in the 60's, then out of style and are currently in style again. They are also colored burgandy with white mother of pearl. I would love to see the image you all have in your mind now (hee-hee) I also got some bargain basement wall paper boarder at Big Lots that I hung in our computer room downstairs. It is nice to have a change.




Saturday Jane came over and we worked on a project for the family reunion. We spotted this beautiful bird on our front lawn. It is called a Western Tanager. We had to look it up on the internet. I don't think I have ever seen one like it before. I've seen more different species of birds than ever before this year. It makes me wonder if it is because of the odd weather patterns we are experiencing in the US.



Gas hit the $4.00 a gallon mark here today. We are being encouraged by the church to try to put away a 3 month food, water and money storage. I was watching a report on CNN and they were suggesting the same thing (3 months food, money and water) On the flip side of the coin...at the Credit Union I have recently loaned for 3 camp trailers and diesel mega trucks. However. more people are trying to trade in their large vehicles for ones that get better gas mileage.

1 comment:

  1. I heard Hummer's have the highest rating in fuel effeciency...

    Jill, did you get our recipe yet? I thought we had sent that to you but I should check to be sure. (Jessica, this should buy you some time if you haven't sent it in already)

    ReplyDelete