I'm writing this from the Ameritel in Idaho Falls. Our flooded basement drama continues.....
Today we discovered that the problem is with a pipe on the outside of the house caused by water we use in the basement. We now have the following:
1. Carpet torn up in the computer room
2. Pad for carpet destroyed
3. A hole in the wall to access a pipe
4. A hole next to the foundation outside
5. A broken pipe
6. A destroyed bush in our landscaping
7. A muddy pile of dirt in our front yard
8. No water use in the house (thus the Ameritel)
We also found out that our insurance company will only pay for things that happen to our house. So they will pay for the All American Restoration bill for cleaning up the water mess. A new carpet and pad. and to repair the hole in our wall for access to the pipe. They will not pay for the back hoe, the plumber or and of the materials it will take to replace the broken pipe or any of the damage done to our landscaping.
It will take us a lot of labor to put things back together again. I hope it is all fixed by the time you all come for the family reunion.
I got a new look today also. I had some highlights put in my hair. They will take some getting use to.
Wow, that really stinks! I hope things get back to normal again soon, and I hope your total repairs won't be too hefty.
ReplyDelete