Saturday, April 6, 2013

Catch Up

I had a friend ask if I still had my blog. I guess I do although I haven't posted anything for 2 years. I thought now might be a good time to catch up. On March 9, 2012, I retired from East Idaho Credit Union. I had worked there for 15 years. Four of those years were spent at the Main office in Idaho Falls where I was the Assistant Manager to Cindy Mitchell. After that I moved to the Shelley Branch as the Branch Manager. It was a great learning experience for me. I can truthfully say that I worked with some amazing people and learned something from all of them. I made some cherished friendships with a lot of our Members too. I will always be grateful for the challenges and the successes that formed me during those years

.

The Credit Union hosted an open house in my honor. It was held at the Shelley Branch. They served a raspberry filled cake and a raspberry punch. Sherwin made a video with pictures of a lot of the activities my Branch participated in like the Spud Day Celebrations and the floats we made for the parades over the years. I had over 90 people come to the open house who signed my guest book. The nine Branch Managers of the other branches had a party for me too and a dinner at Johnny Carinos. That party was attended by the upper management and back office staff. The co-workers in my branch likewise had a dinner party for me at the local Mexican restaurant. They invited a lot of the people who had previously worked with me in our Branch. It was so nice to see them again. As if that wasn't enough partying and dinners, James, Jessica and Sherwin took me out to celebrate. I was honored by all the love and support of my family, friends and co-workers.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, Thanks for posting the blog. Yes, we had a lot of fun times building the floats over the years, and lots of fun challenges as well. I sure miss all the people from the Shelley area. Those were some good times in my life. Glad to hear you are doing well visiting all your family and extended family. I am working a lot on genealogy, lots of fun. Pat

    ReplyDelete